Get your copy today!
Human Resource professionals, managers, supervisors, educators, and business owners
A long-awaited, functional guide to real-life solutions for complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)!
IN OUR SHOES:
Practical Strategies for
|“The book is well written, easy to read and understand. The situations are realistic and appropriate. The solutions suggested are practical and reasonable. I love how the authors weave their own personal experiences with barriers throughout the book while maintaining a sense of humour and staying solution-focused.”
~ Gail Mores, Director, National and Provincial Programs,
March of Dimes Canada
This “one-of-a-kind” guide to accommodating people with disabilities provides a series of scenarios, depicted in a broad variety of settings that illustrate the realities and real-life experiences people with disabilities face every day.
Learn from the Experts… They Know Disabilities
Trish Robichaud, along with co-authors, Carol Jaquith, Peg Ball and Claire Theriot Mestepey, bring their own personal experiences living with disability to this powerful and unique educational resource.
This Guide Will Support You in:
- Writing effective company policy,
- Enhancing training materials, and
- Forever changing the way you view disabilities and the people affected by them.
This one-of-a-kind, right-on-point, AODA resource will increase your confidence around handling disability-related issues as intuitively as responding to any other situation.
This Book Is For You If You Manage People Within A…
- Government Agency
- School Board
- College or University
- Non-Profit Organization
- Small to medium-sized business
“IN OUR SHOES” is an easy-to-read guide that will complement any AODA resource that you currently use within your organization.
Through the presentation of eye-opening and heart-warming scenarios, insightful questions and practical suggestions for solutions, the stories will inspire as well as teach.
Read it cover to cover or pick it up when faced with a disability-related issue that requires your support.
It will ease any anxiety you may have over handling ambiguous situations that involve people with disabilities.
Inside This Unique Book, You’ll Discover Strategies Will Help You:
- Develop an understanding of the types of barriers people with disabilities face on a daily basis,
- Explore real life examples of how barriers to inclusion for people with disabilities can be identified, removed and prevented in the future,
- To appreciate the practical application of the basic principles of the Customer Service Standard – dignity, independence, inclusion, and equal opportunity, and
- To confidently interact and communicate with people with disabilities as well as their service animals and support persons.
REMEMBER… IN ONTARIO, ACCESSIBILITY IS NOT AN OPTION
— IT’S THE LAW
With This Book, You’ll Be Able To…
- Develop an appreciation of the “spirit of the law”, as opposed to just “the letter of the law”,
- Set your organization apart as an industry leader and service provider in Ontario,
- Share your new knowledge with colleagues, peers, and business associates,
- Understand and adequately support persons with disabilities, while breaking down barriers to accessibility, achievement and success, and
- Discover and have an authentic respect for the true, personal stories of people who lead full and productive lives — despite, or even because of, their disabilities!
Get the e-book format for $47.97 or
the coil-bound paperback for $87.97!
BUY the HARD COPY
BUY the eBOOK